Homemade Medicinal Rotisserie Chicken Soup
When the wind is so cold, it finds its way through countless layers of clothing to chill your skin, and the days are darker then they were in weeks past, we know that winter has made it arrival. The Boston winter we have had this year pales in comparison to the bitterly cold winters we have had in recent years. Usually this time of year feet of snow surround us, a snow shovel becomes a close companion, and there is nothing quite as sweet as an aromatic cup of piping hot coffee to snuggle up with.
Though very cold at times, many are hoping we get off easy this year.
In addition to the piercing cold temperatures, one of the least favored attributes of this beautiful, and yet at times painful season is the ever so dreaded flu. Unfortunately it arrived at my house on Thursday, cozied on up to incubate, and has seemingly surfaced in three of the members of our household. So when it’s Sunday evening, and your loved ones just don’t feel well, what is a Mom to do? Make homemade chicken soup of course!
With that said I would like to share this simple and savory recipe with you, in hopes it brings comfort & healing into your home if the flu just so happens to drop in uninvited to say, “hello!”
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken (pre-cooked)
- 5 Stocks Celery
- 1 Onion (improve the working of Vitamin C in the body)
- 5 Carrots (not baby carrots)
- 3-4 Cubes Chicken Stock
- Tablespoon of minced garlic (Natural antibiotic)
- Few dashes of Turmeric (Natural and safe anti-inflammatory)
- Few sprigs of Thyme
- And a half a fresh lemon sliced (natural blood purifier, & immune system strengthener)
- Salt & Pepper for taste
- 5-6 cups water
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- Pour the broth from the Chicken into a large soup pan, add 3 cups of water, chicken stock, thyme, garlic, celery, onion, and carrot into the pan and boil until carrots are soft
- While boiling pull small pieces of meat off of the whole chicken
- Add lemon slices and, turmeric and continue to boil for 5-10 min
- Add remaining water, and pulled chicken then return to boil
- Slightly cool and serve
- Please enjoy and share!